I’m really please to announce that on Tuesday 28th July 2015 I will be running my first solo workshop for wedding photographers in the UK, in my home city of York
In the last 4 years I have documented nearly 200 weddings all over the world, won numerous awards, and built a business that not only works for me, but is one I love to run. I shoot weddings across the UK and overseas (about 1/4 of my bookings are destination weddings) and this year was the winner of TWIA Best Wedding Photographer in England. I was also chosen as one of Rangefinder magazine’s Rising Stars of Wedding photography in the World and selected for JuneBug’s International Best of the Best Wedding Photographers list.
Over the day I’ll go through my full creative and business processes – Some of the topics we will cover:
- How I shoot, use light, composition and make the images I do.
- Staying creative for the whole day and bringing the awesome to every part of your wedding photography – whatever the weather or venue.
- Mindset, Ethos & Approach – arguably the most important facet of everything we do. How to stay creative, fresh and excited about your work, your clients, your business and your life! I’ll take you through my holistic approach to my photography and how you can tie the different areas of your work and business together into one cohesive brand.
- Moments and storytelling – how to shoot creative, powerful documentary work. From prep’ through to party – How I work, and tools, techniques and skills you can use that best capture and show the story of a wedding day.
- Workflow & Editing – from card to client :: post processing tips and tricks – how i get the look I want and how to spend less time staring at a computer screen
- Live Shoot – making awesome portraits in any location, in any light and with no time!
- Business, Marketing & branding – what has worked for me and what hasn’t. How to make your business work for you – not the other way round. Attracting the clients you want and booking the weddings you’d like. I’ll also take you through the timesaving software and processes I‘ve developed to make things super quick and hassle (and admin!) free. I will also be happy to offer portfolio critiques to those interested.
- *Free optional bonus evening class* – Eating and drinking with new friends, Bob Dylan, Sambuca, Rock’n’Roll and Partying…
Where: York, England. The location for the workshop is a short walk from York Railway Station (less than 2 hours on the train from London, Manchester and Birmingham), with adequate parking close by.
When: Tuesday 28th July 2015, from 9.30am – 6pm (with lunch included) and optional drinks, meals and partying afterwards for those who want it.
To book a place and for more info visit : http://andygaines.com/bringing-back-home-wedding-photography-workshop-less-cheese-more-awesome/