2015 - Under 25’s Winner
The goal is to identify 2 outstanding, up-and-coming wedding photographers based in the United Kingdom. We are looking for emerging talents who would each benefit from and progress their development with 2 half day mentoring sessions, with 2 of the 20Collective wedding photographers of their choice.
Application for the Mentoring Scholarship is separated into 2 categories the under 25’s and the 25’s and over.
This means we can meet our original commitment of helping a younger photographer who may not have benefited from many other life/work experiences yet. Additionally the scholarship is available to individuals who’ve come to photography a little later in life and may have great business experience already and a firmer idea of where they want to take their art.
Additionally the winners will receive a half day consultancy with Jason Noblett, who is the internet marketer behind the 20Collective brand and website. The consultancy will cover: setting up a wedding photography website, SEO, Social Media & Link Building and will finish with a pint in the pub!
The winners of the 20Collective Mentoring Scholarship 2016 will be chosen by the photographers at 20collective utilising an incremental voting system. The results will be confidential and winner will be notified in advance of the public announcement on the website.
If you are considering making an application, please make sure you qualify before filling in the application form below.
Your candidacy will then be assessed and if successful, you will be informed via email within 2 weeks.
Check out what last year’s winners have to say about the experience
- "Winning 20 Collective was an absolutely amazing opportunity! I got to have 2 half day mentoring sessions with with both Rik Pennington and Jason Noblett. I learnt so much from both these guys. Rik really inspired me to be a better photographer and taught me so many things I hadn’t known about previously. He held nothing back from me and and I could ask any questions I wanted to. Jason blew my mind with his knowledge of SEO. I learnt so many things from him about how to get more booking and climb my way up the google rankings. 20 Collective was definitely one of the most defining experiences in my photography career, I feel so blessed to have been able to be a part of it. I can't recommend the 20 collective mentoring session highly enough! It is so worth applying to and I genuinely believe it will take your photography business to the next level!"James Richard
2015 - Under 25’s Winner
- "Winning the 20Collective Mentoring Scholarship has been nothing short of a brilliant opportunity! I've had the chance to spend a day with the lovely and talented York Place Studios who were so giving and helpful in every aspect of my business. The whole experience has left me feeling so ready to tackle the upcoming busy wedding season and I'm looking forward to putting my training with Jason into practice and sorting out my SEO. A huge thank you to all the 20Collective for offering this chance and to York Place and Jason for being so great to work with"Hannah Dunford May
2015 - 25’s and over Winner
- "This was a great experience and I feel very lucky to have had my SEO session with Jason. He opened my eyes to a lot of things that I didn't know about the business and now I think I am finally on the right track to making my work more visible online. Sam is an fantastic photographer and a lovely guy to hang out with. Our session was completely informal, and I felt at ease to ask him a zillion questions from photography to post processing and marketing. This was an incredible opportunity, and I could never thank the 20Collective enough for taking the time to support us emerging wedding photographers in the UK, and Jason and Sam, for sharing their knowledge with me."Alline Beatrici
2014 - Under 25’s Winner
- "Winning the 20Collective 2014 Mentoring Scholarship has been an amazing opportunity to learn from 2 established professionals, the knowledge I've gained has been invaluable! I’ve left the experience feeling informed and energised, ready to take on my busiest year to date! The program was perfectly tailored to suit my specific needs, and my 2 mentors; Andy & Jason went above and beyond in every aspect. I can’t thank the 20Collective enough for offering their time in supporting up and coming talent, it has been an brilliant experience and one I’m proud to have been part of."Aaron Storry
2014 - 25’s and over Winner
The closing date for entrants is December 31st – 2016 and winner will be notified on January 15th – 2017
- Entrants must be resident in the United Kingdom
- Entrants must subscribe to our blog and our social channels, you can do this on this page – UK Weddings
- Provide a concise written statement about your creative vision and photographic influencers.
- Submit 5 creative images with your application, the images don’t have to be strictly wedding images but must feature people.